Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thread Snip bag

















The thread snip bag is finished! It's a tiny little thing, hopefully you can get an idea of the size from the scissors beside it. This is my 4th one, and I'm really pleased with it--the finished look using buttons, and the fabrics as well. I had not used buttons on the others, but sewed the cushion in when doing the topstitch around the top of the bag. With it being such a small size, things were shifting a lot and the top stitch was not turning out nice, and sometimes the cushion would end up crooked, so I'm glad to have a better way of finishing it!


While I had the camera out, I also took a picture of my Redwork Santa (Prairie Schooler) that I finished over the weekend. I changed the DMC colors called for to Crescent Colors 'Bandana' and GAST 'Blue Spruce'. He is stitched on 32 count lambswool linen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Hi Tobie, I love seeing your pictures and as you know the Mary E bag is right up my alley and the little snippet bag is so cute! You are so talented and I love that you've started blogging!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home