Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday 8-31





First off, I would like to say 'Thank You!' to everybody who has visited my blog, and to Deborah, Cathy, and Chelle, thank you so much for your comments!! I do appreciate them very much.
I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures this morning of some recent stitching. Having a blog is kind of neat, in that when I feel like I hardly get a chance to stitch or sew, I can see that I actually am accomplishing some things!

This weekend I finished my primitive stitchery piece into the pillow that I was planning with red ric-rac. I love it! Next is a picture of my Redwork Santas by Prairie Schooler. The one with a tree is shown in an earlier post, and the one holding a candle is one I finished last weekend at a stitch-in at the LNS. On Saturday, I finally finished the Imaginating piece called 'Thankfulness', stitched with silk n colors 'rusty amber' on 40 count R&R 'antique cotton' linen. I like how it turned out, and plan to make it into a candle wrapper for a big 'pumpkin spice' candle. I'm still thinking about how exactly I'm going to construct it..... And last, but not least, is my progress picture of 'Alphabet Acorn' by Cross Eyed Cricket. I was hoping to have it finished last night, but between phone calls and various other interruptions.....well, I didn't quite get it done. Maybe today??

I'm just heartbroken for the people affected by hurricane Katrina. God Bless you all. Praying for miracles!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Tobie - I absolutely love Alphabet Acorn! The colors are beautiful!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

All of your projects are awesome Tobie! Love the ric-rac on your primitive project. I recently bought a few yards of giant sized ric-rac. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I'll think of something! The color you chose for Give Thanks Always is just perfect. Don't even get me started about the CEC acorn - I *love* acorns! Very pretty! You're getting lots of stitching done - you go girl!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Thanks Cathy and Chelle!! I'm happy to have Alphabet Acorn finished now and just realized I forgot to snap a pic of it when I had the camera out earlier...sigh will share later... Chelle, I've seen that giant ric-rac, oh in fact I bought some yellow couple of years ago and had plans to trim the bottoms of some capris. Did I do it? NO (not yet) Thanks for visiting my blog ladies!!! :-)

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home