Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Some February Stitching


I didn't know if I would *ever* finish that black background! Whew! It was actually a really good project to have on hand after I came home from the hospital, as I could pick it up and put in a few stitches whenever I was up for a few, without consulting a chart or counting. I detest stitching on black fabric enough that I am willing to stitch an entire background black! OK, only on a really small design like this though. ;) BTW, this is from a 2006 cross stitch calendar designed by Ewe & Eye & Friends and is called 'Winter Warmth'. I had lofty plans to keep current on stitching each design for each month. Ha ha ha Maybe I'll pick up with March now..

I just love Shepherd's Bush kits, and I received a wonderful little surprise from Cathy with this adorable SB heart kit called 'Be True' recently. I didn't waste any time, and ironed the linen (really! I did! even though it doesn't look like it!) and quick stitched this cutie up while watching '24' the other night. There are plenty enough of the silks leftover to stitch this again, perhaps even 2 0r 3 more times and I will be happy to send the chart and leftover threads to the first person to contact me about it! Thanks again so much for the package Cathy!

Every time I think I have this uploading pics to blogger figured out, I find out that it just does what it wants to do. LOL Actually the picture above is what I just finished this evening, and I intended for this to be the last picture...oh well! This is a freebie from Bent Creek called 'Partridge in a Pear Tree'. It was my ornament for February, even though I didn't quite get it finished before 3/1. :)

Above is the linen I mentioned quite a while back (in January I think) from Picture This Plus, called 'Mercedes'. It is a sparkly 28 ct. linen that I will be stitching Bethlehem on with GAST 'Deep Sea' thread. A stitching friend from our stitch group was working on this project last year and I just had to order it too. Stitching friends are so enabling, aren't they? (huh Barb??)

Above is my finished 'Coffee Menu' by Little House Needleworks. I really liked how it turned out. The fabric is 28 ct. Vintage Autumn Fields by Zwiegart. This would be a good linen to just
keep on hand, it is so nice.

And now this is something I whipped up the other day. I told CJ recently that I was looking for something springy to stitch because we had some crummy, cloudy, and COLD weather for what seemed like forever, but it was probably more like a week. LOL I started out by choosing that plaid fabric. I saw it upstairs and decided that I wanted to stitch something I could use this plaid with for finishing. This design came from 'For the Love of Cross Stitch' July 2002 issue, and it is designed by Trail Creek Farm. She used more muted GAST threads on her model, but I switched out the colors for DMC that would coordinate with the plaid. What do you think? I was happy with how it turned out and it is a fun, SPRINGY kinda finish too. I will share a finished finish of this soon, I hope.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow, Tobie, all of your projects are awesome! Too bad you are getting all of this stitching done due to unfortunate circumstances!

Your dogs Bumper and Beacon are so cute - I have to remember to show my daughter these pictures - she loves dogs! Sounds like Beacon is being cared for by a great vet!

You seem so much cheerier in your posting - glad you are feeling better!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Tobie, this is all so lovely! I love each and every one of your projects. And your dogs are real cuties.

I hope March will be a happier month for you... :)

4:10 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Wow Tobie what lovely finishes!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Tobie, your latest finishes are gorgeous ... and I'm positively drooling over your fabric and threads for Bethlehem - can't wait to see you stitch this one up :D And your Coffee Menu piece is gorgeous - the more I see this stitched up, the more I think I really am going to have to stitch it, and your fabric looks gorgeous :) It's nice to have you back online again - hope your recovery is continuing to improve every day {{hugs}}

7:19 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

I agree with everyone! WONDERFUL projects! WTG!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Von said...

So many wonderful projects all in one post!! Beautiful! I especially love the last one where you matched the DMC to the colors in the plaid. It just sings springtime!!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love the color changes made to work with your springy fabric. The little Bent Creek freebie is really cute too. CJ

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobie I am new to blogs and been searching around to see what's out there. I loved reading your. You have such a natural way of communicating, it was almost like you were here with me.

Going back to your August postings, I love your thread snip bag...could you share with me where you got the pattern for it. I love the denim, so modern not like my grandmother's sewing tools! I will bookmark your blog and watch for a response.

Thanks for sharing!
Molly

4:45 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Wow! Your needles have been flying!! Congratulations on all your stitching progress. Your projects are beautiful.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home