Friday, December 30, 2005

Wrapping up another stitching year


I squeezed in another Christmas finish the other day, although not in time for Christmas '05. It is a Bent Creek Zipper called 'Santa's Reindeer' and is stitched with perle #5 on 18 ct. linen. That is a little different, and seems gigantic after working with 32 ct. LOL I'm still pondering how it will be finished, and one idea that I had was to sew it into the front of a totebag.
And this is a square I stitched for Cole's Quilts stitched on 14 ct. white aida. The picture below is the pattern I used to stitch this square. I kind of cut it in half and stacked the 2 halves on top of each other and then added some bubbles here and there to fill in. BTW, this is from the Just Cross Stitch August 2003 issue.


Below is 'Summer Jubilee' by Blackbird Designs. It's close to halfway finished now, but put away in a drawer for the time being.


My 'finished in 2005' list is up to 44 finishes for the year, and that's probably what I'll end the year with. You can see pictures of my '05 finishes here . I've begun writing some things down that I would like to stitch in 2006 and this weekend, I plan to narrow it down to a do-able list. If nothing from the list gets stitched, that's o.k. too, just as long as I stitch! In looking back at my list from this time last year, I see that I managed to finish 2 things, and cross out 2 things as 'not ever gonna stitch'. It looks like what I did stitch are mostly new things added to the stash during '05. In light of that, I hope all of the new things from market are ugly. Yeah Right!
Thank you Everybody who has left comments for me here~You've all made this blogging so much more fun and interesting with your encouragement and inspiration!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

I haven't looked at your pictures yet, but plan to do so now. It's been great getting to know you this year and I've so enjoyed watching your progress on various stitching projects! Take care dear friend and have a very Happy New Year!

7:54 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

I like Santa's reindeer, seems like Bent Creek always does great Christmas designs and your stitching is also great. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Happy New Year

4:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh your reindeer zipper looks fantastic. I have that on order, can't wait to get it started.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home