Monday, January 09, 2006

Cleaning closets


It's always fun to see what will be unearthed when cleaning out my closet, what treasure has been covered up and forgotten. I'm still working on the closet, but look what I found already:my gingham purse that I made the summer before last ('04). I love this purse. I dreamed about this purse before I made it, even the particular decorative stitch. LOL
There's not a lot of stitching to report lately, although I kitted up 2 more projects yesterday and today-4 My Boys Snow Proud Sampler and Imaginating Bethlehem, which will be changed from the blech yucko brown to GAST 'deep sea' on a gorgeous Picture This Plus linen. I believe the shop I ordered it from told me it was the color 'mercedes', but I've already trashed the piece of paper with the color name on it, so can't be sure. Will share a pic of it soon! It's sparkly too! :)
Oh yes, about the closet.....I bought some photo boxes recently, with the intent to use them to organize some of the junk, er, stuff in the closets. They fit & stack nicely on the shelves in there, plus can be labelled easily. It looks like I need about 40 more though. ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Haha, your closet sounds like mine! I don't feel too bad, though, as most of my charts are still with my parents in NZ ;) Your purse looks lovely ... it's nice to unearth treasured pieces after you haven't seen them in a while - makes you appreciate them even more :)

4:58 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Only 40 more? :-)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Go Tobie go! I usually start cleaning closets and drawers after the new year too. Your purse actually looks like it might make a nice stitching bag!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Hi Tobie, I came here from Anne's blog, after I saw the wonderful and sweet gifts you sent her. I love your purse! Your creations are great, I'm "bloglining" you! :)
Have a great day :)

Isabelle in France

7:45 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Me too, like Isabelle another visitor VIA Anne's Blog :)
I have scanned over your blog and it's wonderful :) You do very nice work :) Your gift for Anne is lovely :) Congratulations :)
Another wonderful blog to add to my reads :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

CUTE PURSE! Love the ric-rac!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Your purse is lovely...there's something special about gingham, isn't there? And, I love the lightweight-ness of fabric purses too.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home