Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturday


Goodness! This picture accentuates every little wrinkle! It doesn't really look so bad in person, but I also did not iron it yet. So, here's my Bent Creek 'Winter Snapperland' all caught up. You know how some things are just more fun to stitch than others? This one is fun! I think it's really cute too, and looking forward to the next releases. Since I'm using my Q-snaps to stitch this, I'm waiting until the stitching is complete before attaching the embellishments. I have already used one complete skein of WDW 'Whitewash', and using a 2nd skein now. My skeins had some particularly uncooperative kinks in them, that made it hard to make nice laying stitches. When I have that problem with DMC, I just take my cut length to the sink and soak it with water, and then run my fingers down the length of the floss to squeeze out excess water. After that, I just drape it across a chair to air dry, and then it's so much easier to work with. I had never tried that with overdyed threads, afraid of bleeding. What I decided to do with the whitewash, was that I dipped my fingertips in water, and ran them down the length of floss to just barely dampen it and straighten it, and then air dry it. Worked like a charm!
I haven't yet decided what I'll work on next. Maybe it will be the January design from the Ewe&Eye&Friends calendar.
I thought for sure I would have more 'free' time this week when the kids were back in school, but it ended up being a busy week. Next week is looking to be packed with activities as well. I've said it a million times before, but I would love to be able to get by on less sleep! But then I would probably spend all that extra time online. ;-)

9 Comments:

Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Very cute, I love those snowflakes in the border. Look forward to seeing your progress.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

How cute! When do the other two charts come out for this one? I decided not to purchase - I still have the original Snapperville charts waiting to be stitched. So much to stitch, so little time!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Oh, I love that Winter Snapperland - it's coming along beautifully! Can't wait to see the finished version with the embellishments :)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Forgot to say, your trick of dampening DMC is something I use too ... I did a class with Martha Beth Lewis once and she gave us all some little gifts, one of which is a little tiny plastic container with a lid, and inside is a small sponge (the whole thing is only about 1 1/12 inches long), as well as a tiny water bottle ... you just keep the sponge moist, then run your DMC strands over the top to get rid of the kinks, and dry it as you mentioned - just amazing, and your stitches sit so much more nicely after it too, with less tangles! Unfortunately, I'm not as clever as you - I had to go to a class to learn that haha ;)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Snapperland is really charming. And really, there is never enough free time ... even when the students are back in class!!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

That looks like a fun sampler. I bought a Bent Creek sampler to do but haven't started it yet. Just surfing around tonight and enjoyed my visit here.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Might add another comment...a blog friend told me about 'Thread Heaven' when I was having tangled DMC threads. I bought it at JoAnn Fabric store and it really helps too. Its a tiny blue box that has a wax-like substance that you run the thread across. It absolutely is not greasy at all.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

You Snapperland looks great! I see you have Snapperville on your list as well. I'll be starting Snapperville this month. Both sets of designs are darling but I think it is the border that makes them special.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW your Winterland is looking good. I had to frog half of mine :(, I never noticed I was one row out, until I was doing the boxes and I couldn't see a way to fudge it at all. Gone off it now, which is a shame.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home