Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday Cheer


This is 'Withering Tulips' by Barrick Samplers (now Carriage House Samplings), finished 12-9. I used DMC on 40 ct. R&R 'antique cotton'. I was a bit unsure of the colors when I started, as they looked really different from the model picture, but I like how it turned out a lot!!

Above is Bent Creek's zipper kit called 'Holiday Cheer'. I finished stitching this a couple of nights ago. These sheep are growing on me and I have another kit waiting to be stitched, it's 'Free Betsy'. I want the turkey one now too. They are stitched on 25 count linen, using 3 strands of floss. I doubt very seriously that it will be framed or finished into anything in time for this Christmas, but it was fun to stitch her at Christmastime at least.


And this is an ornament from The Trilogy's 'Ornamentology' leaflet, finished last night while watching lots of Veggie Tales videos. The border has been omitted, as there isn't enough linen. OOPS, I stitched it on a scrap of linen banding and just barely have enough room to finish it off now. It is stitched with GAST, plus some Glissen Gloss blending filament in the reds to give it sparkle. The pattern didn't call for blending filament, I just thought it would be fun for an ornament and Tess helped me find a great color!
I have been under the weather for what seems like forever. It's definitely been the better part of Dec. so far that I've either taken care of sick children or been sick myself. Thankfully I'm on the mend now and catching up!
It's that time of year to make lists, lists, lists, one of which is 'what to stitch in the upcoming year'. I make the list every year, and yet rarely ever follow it, as new stuff distracts me. LOL I'm still thinking about the list right now.....
Merry Christmas Everybody!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars ... hope you manage to shake the bugs off soon, and enjoy the Christmas festivities :) Your latest wee finishes are really cute :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Tobie -

Hang in there; I'm glad to hear you are on the mend.

Your stitching is beautiful! I especially like the one from Barrick Samplers.

Thank you for your friendship this year! Have a very Merry Christmas!

7:49 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What wonderful projects you've shown! I especially like the CHS design. You should send Kathy a picture - I bet she'd put it on her website. It's LOVELY!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Sheep are 2 darn cute! Nice job on your holiday stitching.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Love your sampler!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anaheim Solar Panels said...

Thank you foor being you

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home