Monday, January 30, 2006

January Starts


...and one finish (so far) for the month, it's an ornament from The Trilogy's 'Ornamentology' leaflet. Once again, I left off the border on this one. My silly dogs were running around while I was trying to take pics, and kicking up dead grass that kept flying over onto my cross stitch.

Above is my progress on 'Coffee Menu' by Little House Needleworks. It is stitched with DMC, GAST, and Crescent Colours on 28 ct. Vintage Autumn Fields by Zweigart-love the fabric!

And this is my progress on Bent Creek's 'Snapperville'. I didn't really have any interest in stitching this until I saw it all stitched up together with the free border on their website. I am stitching mine on Birds of a Feather 'Sandpiper' 32 ct. linen.

And now for my Ewe&Eye&Friends start from the 2006 calendar. I call it the 'funky coffee cup' but it's called 'Winter Warmth' on the chart.
It's been a weird month. There was even an entire week that I didn't pick up a needle! I just haven't really been in the mood to blog, and with competition for the computer, I don't have a chance to be online some days until really late (past 10 pm). My son changed schools and is going to school an hour earlier than before, requiring an hour earlier alarm setting for me. There has been some crud going around and we've all been down with that.
I have been able to attend more stitching get-togethers than ever though! It's been great fun to meet more stitchers, stitch, & gab. It's definitely my idea of fun. I went to the movie once this month too, to see 'The End of the Spear'. Great movie! I am so glad I had kleenex handy. I am a big cryer when I watch movies and read. My two friends that I went to the movie with were completely dry-eyed. Hrmphh!
I just picked up my mail and had a *wonderful* new Quaker chart waiting in the mailbox. LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to buy my 40 ct. linen and start stitching this one!
Today, I plan to stitch on 'Coffee Menu' some more. First things first though....laundry calls. I hope there is something good on tv tonight!

8 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

All your projects look wonderful and are coming along nicely, Tobie :)
Oooh, a new quaker chart?? Can't wait for a peek :)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Wonderful progress pictures today!! Just love the fabrics you're stitching on :)))

9:44 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Oh wow, your progress piccies are wonderful! I totally adore the fabric you're stitching Coffee Menu on - definitely to die for ;) Like you, I had absolutely no interest in Snapperville series, until I saw some being stitched up ... am changing my mind rapidly LOL. I know what you mean about a stitching slump - been there, done that this week :( I just got home after meeting my first ever face-to-face stitchers from my blog, so fingers crossed I'll finally have some fellow stitchers to hang out with every now and then and talk about 'stitchy stuff' - I've really missed that! :) Look forward to seeing your progress on your new quaker chart :))

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see all your projects Tobie. Love the E&E&F chart, I hope to pick up my calendar in Nashville.
I'm working on Coffee Menu too, though changed things a bit. As it's a gift for a friend, I can't share it for quite a while.Looking at yours makes me realize I should pick it up again.
Take good care,
Annemiek

2:11 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

You are off to a fantastic start for 2006! I just picked up that calendar at Barnes & Noble for 75% off -after seeing your coffee cup, I may have to stitch it too!

Like you, I have the original Snapperville to stitch - haven't started it yet, but may have to soon.

I'm also yearning to do another LHN project...I have several in my stash to choose from!

Have a great week!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your finish and the others are coming along really nicely.

6:09 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Tobie, I will miss you on the blogs. Get better soon, CJ

4:30 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love your projects - half of them are in my own stitching basket. I'm working on Barnyard from Snapperville. I have the E&E&F calendar too and haven't started the January project yet. I can't decide which would be more painful - stitching it on black fabric or filling in the black background... :o) Isn't it a great calendar? I ended up with both the wall calendar and the page-per-day and I'm very happy with both of them.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home