Thursday, April 06, 2006

Great Magazine

I am a magazine junkie. I have magazines in almost every nook & cranny of my home. :) Efforts to dwindle down this abundance of magazines have often been in vain, as the next time I pass by the media section of a store, I find more I NEED to buy. Despite this weakness of mine, I have succeeded in reducing quite a bit of my collection in the past year, and I'm already kicking myself over some of the cross stitch ones I let go! Does anybody else ever feel a little disappointed though, when they get the magazine home and have time to thumb through it to find that it's lacking some real substance? I have to share with you a magazine I bought the other day that I am really impressed with, it's called 'Create & Decorate' . If you go to their website, and click on 'see complete table of contents', you can see thumbnails of all of the projects packed into this one issue. Holy Moly!! It's absolutely packed with projects, many are primitive in style, but not too too primitive for me. Since I am interested in other kinds of stitchery besides cross stitch, this was a real treat with several designs for punch needle and stitchery. There are also painting and paper craft projects that look cool, but I'm resisting the paper/scrapbooking bug and can't paint. I'm just now getting a good look at this magazine and am so impressed that I had to share with other crafty, stitchy people. I hope it stays so good!

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Tobie,
At what store did you find that magazine? I was just in Target and couldn't find it.
Love your recent finishes! And your blog!
Andrea

9:39 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Yes, I am buying magazines all the time too. I really like looking through quilting magazines even though I'm not a quilter - I think its the colors and the beautiful patterns!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Tobie: I went to Barnes & Noble a few days ago ... passed the entire magazine section without a glance. I proudly walked away with TWO books -- although wanted 10 : )

Have a nice week-end

11:37 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

I'm with you this is a great publication. Thanks for passing on the info. CJ

3:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ack! You enabler you. I have been trying not to buy magazines. I have even passed this one by in the store but now that I know exactly what's in it...oh boy...I won't be able to pass it next time. I'm going to blame you, ok? It makes me feel better. :D

12:07 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Last year, I went overboard with magazine subscriptions. I have a stack about 2 1/2 feet tall sitting by the door in my living room! I've been slowly going through them. Sadly, NONE of them are stitching mags. :(

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

HI GF: I'd love to see a picture of your Game Board sampler. I was thinking of doing the same thing you described (on Cathy's blog) -- keeping the smaller motifs the same direction of the houses.

And you are 1/2 done!! Excellent : )

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home