Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring!


Well, our spring weather has finally arrived some time after the calendar indicated it is spring. :) I'm always beyond ready for things to warm up, as well as 'green' up.
Above is my Spring House exchange project that I made for Becky and since she has received it, I can show it. This comes from Rose Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks. I had fun tweaking the colors for and stitching this!
Although it wasn't in the plans, I have picked up my Birds of a Feather 'Happy Hearts' sampler and worked on it for the past few days, and thoroughly enjoyed it I might add. I started this exactly 4 years ago and I manage to work some on it every year. It is stitched on 36 ct. meadowlark linen with one strand of WDW. I think I might be close to halfway, whew! This sampler is a lot more stitching than I thought it would be-but I love it.
Lately, I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed by all of the wonderful cross stitch projects I have waiting in the wings. I want to start something new and am having a tough time deciding what. Working on WIPS means I don't have to decide just yet. LOL Actually, I have been stitching on a particular motif in Happy Hearts that now only requires being filled in with one color, thus no chart or counting to complete it.......which makes it a perfect waiting room/hospital project. We found out yesterday that my son has to have surgery Friday a.m. to remove some hip hardware. :( It will be a 7-10 day stay for him. An addicted stitcher must have plans for stitching for such an occasion, including back-up projects in case I finish one or get bored with it. I'll have an ornament (DT freebie) , Happy Hearts, an over one project (spring quilts on a line from the last Cross Stitch and Needlwork, formerly Stitchworld), and a notebook kit by Handwork Samplers.
I'm tempted to kit up yet another design or 2 from the stash: Gathering Room by Little House Needleworks and maybe even Home of a Needleworker , since it's been an obvious must-do from the moment I first saw it. See what I mean? I need a few more sets of hands to get all of the things stitched that I like!

5 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

AS you already know I was thrilled to receive this beauty :) !! It has already found a special place in my home :) Thank you :)

Enjoy your stitching...looking forward to seeing progress pics :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

You and me both - needing an extra pair of hands! I love your BOAF sampler - it's beautiful!

I'm itchin' to start something new too but I have to get some of my WIPs done first (after I find time to finish them!)

Hope all goes well for your son!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Hope the surgery goes well for your son :) Your latest finishes are lovely - and it's so nice to see you back on your blog again :D Look forward to seeing progress piccies :D

8:10 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

I think I commented on your pillow on the exchange bb. But, I'll say it again... you're pillow is fatastic! You did an absolutely wonderful job on the stitching and finishing. I know Becky must have been thrilled to receive it.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Beautiful pillow! Love the covered buttons - what a nice touch!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home