Thursday, March 01, 2007

More pictures


Here is Heart in Hand's 'Favorite Hearts' stitched on 36 ct. summer khaki linen with one strand of weeks dye works and gentle art threads. I have tucked it into a little fabric frame that I made for it~It didn't turn out as cute as what I had pictured in my head! LOL But it will suffice.....for now. I'm considering making another frame out of some corduroy that matches the WDW Lancaster Red.

And here is Prairie Grove Peddler's 'Little Daisies' stitched with Cresent Colours on 14 ct black aida. The pattern calls for 2 Crescent Colours (white and green) and Weeks Dye Works 'schneckley' for the gold........I changed it to the new Crescent Colours 'Ye Olde Gold', which I liked a lot better than the schneckley actually. This was a fun and quick little stitch! While aida isn't my favorite thing to stitch on, I love that I can stitch on black this way. Stitching on black linen is an exercise in frustration for me, so I had pretty much steered clear of it since finishing a Chartmakers sampler on 32 ct. black linen a few years ago. I recently had the bright idea of trying black aida and that has been much more doable for me. :)




OH! I had forgotten about this sampler I finished (almost) back in January. It is 'Pear Tree' by Hands to Work stitched on 40 ct. sandstone linen with NPI silks. The chart has the year '2004' charted on it, so I'm still undecided on how I will personalize/date the sampler. I either will try to chart out a chunky '7' to stitch in place of the '4', or I will maybe stitch my initials on one side and the year on the other side, possibly over one......I don't know!!
In my stitching basket today is Little House Needleworks 'Ye Old Coffee House'~I started this on Sunday and it's going fairly quick. I *love* the colors of this one! I've made a deal with myself. When I finish Coffee House, I get to start CHS 'Elizabeth'!!! I have her all kitted up and ready. I'm stitching my girls on 40 ct. autumn gold (not vintage) lakeside linen. Anyway, Elizabeth is my favorite girl, that hair is too cute.
I just remembered that we'll be going to see my son's neurologist today, and it's normal to wait for a looooong time in his office, so my travel project (Hands to Work 'a little love') will probably get lots of attention today.

13 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

All of them are so pretty! I especially love the Hands to Work Pear Tree, very cute. Hope your son's appointment goes well today.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my! You've been very busy! I love all of your projects and can't wait to see your Coffee House :)
Lovely work!
:)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I love your finishes! The Little Daisies project really pops on black. Using black aida is a good idea.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, all of them!! You never turn out a bad project, do you?
Hope all goes well with the dr. appt.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! They are all so pretty!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty finishes! The Little Daisies look great on the black. I'm not keen on stitching on black (no matter what the count) but stitching looks vibrant on it so it's definately worth the hassle. :)

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to post your finishes on the board so i know when to come look at your blog! :) lots of cool finishes!!!

hope the dr. appt went well on thurs too!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

All of your stitching is lovely Tobie! It's good to see you blogging again!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog...What beautiful work. I love the fabric frames. I'll be stopping by again.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobie, I love your work. I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading all your past postings. I'd like to hear how the Bethlehem piece is coming along. I'd really enjoy seeing a picture. I love your choice of fabric and threads.
Julie

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW those are wonderful finishes - love them all. You need to stitch faster and post every day!! :-)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on your finishes. They look wonderful, Tobie.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

I like them all. I didn't see any mistake on the finishing .. and if that is for me .. I will be more satisfied with the finishing. Will definitely come back again.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home