Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Finally


Moira Blackburn 'Friendship Sampler' on 36 ct Lakeside maple sugar with WDW & GAST. I changed the colors from those called for on the chart and eliminated the straight line border. This was for an exchange and my partner stitched the same design and then we exchanged samplers. IMO, she did a better job and I'm tickled with the sampler I have now (and need to get framed).

Carriage House Samplings 'Westwinds' on 40 light cappucino w/ NPI silks

Midsummer Night Designs 'Sweet World' stitched on 40 ct. cream with Anchor floss


I'm finally posting an update on my blog that is. We've been busy getting ready for school, which started on Monday. I'm on a schedule now, and back to being up by 5:30 every morning. That's taking some getting used to, after getting into the [bad] habit of staying up late and sleeping late this summer. I think that we're finally getting most of the permission slips and emergency forms etc. all filled out and settling into our routines.
I mentioned in my last post that I knew that I had had some finishes lately but couldn't remember any of them, so hopefully I'll round up pics of all of them today and share. I've now uploaded what I have so far. I still forgot to take a picture of my very first punchneedle project. I also want to take a picture of the Friendship Sampler I received in my exchange. Those will have to wait for a future post. :)
In the works STILL is Blackbird Designs 'Quaker Garden'. I'm not sure why I thought it would go quickly (maybe because so many others whipped it up quickly!) but it is slow for me. I'll get there, as some stitches are made on it daily..... :)
I was reading an older issue of 'Country Sampler' magazine recently-I've been going thru old magazines lately- and found an article that I had missed before, showing pictures of a lady's house & decorating with her collections and antiques. Anyway, she has an old sampler from the 1800's on her wall that she paid a nickel for. :o I'll share issue details and some pictures of that later too. It's worth $1500 today. What a treasure she found! I wonder if my samplers will go for pennies at an estate sale someday? Hope not, but don't care so much. I trust they will somehow eventually end up in the hands of somebody who appreciates them, whether they got them for a song or not. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Tobie, what beautiful finishes! I really love the friendship sampler and sweet world! Congrats!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Country Samplers issue were you looking at? I am always looking for display and decorating ideas for my needlework. I would love to know if you would share. Your work is delicious.... I love the small count and the vibrant colors.

11:41 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Those a beautiful finishes! Great job

11:45 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Swapping samplers is an interesting idea. Yours turned out great! Westwinds and Sweet World look fabulous too.

9:03 AM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

Your finishes are beautiful. I have Westwinds in my stash and have always loved the blues in that piece. Yours looks awesome! Ann.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home