Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday-lots of pictures


This is my progress on Quaker Garden as of this morning. This started out as a project I worked on when we watched movies. It's getting more attention now than just during movies so I can be done with it. The picture doesn't do the colors justice! I changed the 'shaker white' to Crescent Colours 'Bamboo', because my two skeins of GAST 'shaker white' both look nothing like the chart picture and are very brown looking (one is what I call dirty dish water LOL). Both are labelled 'shaker white' but very different from each other and definitely not white-ish at all.

While I had the camera out I decided to take some pictures of my Autumn Sewing Roll by The Needles Content. I know it's not yet fall, but I've started using it anyway. :) Above is the roll opened and you can see the pocket on one end and a needle book on the other. The pin cushion in the middle actually is not attached to the roll. I made this sewing roll in 2002 and bring it out each Autumn to enjoy using. I just love the colors!

Here it is all closed up.

And here's the outside. It says 'Harvest the fruits of your stitching and treasure your needlework tools'. The threads used were 'Venus' and one Gloriana silk, plus the ribbons are also Gloriana. Venus is a 6 stranded cotton floss.

Here's another punchneedle project I just finished. The pattern for this is from the new issue of 'Country Marketplace', I've included a picture of the magazine front below. The pattern called for overdyes, but I switched to DMC.

Above is the antique sampler mentioned in my last post. This article comes from 'Country Sampler' sept. 2004 issue-picture of front below.

And here is my very first punch needle project. The pattern for this heart was included with my punchneedles and I used DMC 3858, 927, & 3051. It was punched with 6 strands of floss, and the green background used an entire skein!

This is the Friendship sampler I received from my exchange partner, didn't she do a fantastic job? I love it!



Thank you! to everybody who has visited and left comments, I really appreciate them!! I love finding new stitching blogs to read too, just hope to have more time to read them now! Isn't it amazing how enabling fellow bloggers are? You see something stitched up that previously you had seen the chart for, but it didn't do a thing for you....but seeing it stitched, you HAVE to have it!! That's what I loved so much about first finding stitching bulletin boards, was seeing peoples' finishes. And now with blogs, it's even better. ;)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobie,

Your Autumn Needleroll is fabulous. Thanks for posting pictures so that we can all drool over it. :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow! That needleroll is gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant.

You've really been busy lately, so many finishes. Congratulations.

School starts for us next week so we'll be getting back into a normal routine too!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

I think stitchers in general are enablers! LOL I know I'm notorious for it. Great job on your project so far!

12:24 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Lots of beautiful photos and gorgeous stitching! Guess your new schedule now that kids have started school lets you get a little more stitching done!

I'm so impressed with your needleroll. The design and colors are just delightful. Altho it's still summer, something in the air tells me that fall is coming - maybe it's my allergies that have been kicking up this week, lol!

5:33 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I just love the WIP on the Quaker Garden, it is looking lovely. The needleroll is just awesome. I love the colors and everything about it. The sampler that you recieved is just beautiful! I love your punch needle work too, great job!!!!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

You have an awesome Autumn needleroll, and I absolutely adore your punchneedle projects!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

The Autumn Sewing Roll is stunning! Thanks for sharing...I think. Now I'm sure I need it. ;o) Your Quaker Garden is looking fantastic. It seems 99.9% of stitching bloggers are working on it, so yesterday I bought it. This peer pressure is killing me!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home