Monday, January 15, 2007

Catch Up!

It's been 4.5 months since my last post!! To be honest, I lost interest in blogging. I didn't intend to be away that long however. I've also been really busy and it's easy for the blog to be pushed to the back burner when so much is going on.
I have continued to stitch, and sew tons these past few months but not taken many pictures so have lots of catching up to do with the camera as well. I had 55 stitching finishes for 2006. :)
Here are a few finishes & WIPS:


Deftly Wrought by Midsummer Night Designs-28 ct raw cashel & DMC

Pumpkins Doodle by Hobb Nobb Designs

Pear Tree by Hands to Work-40 count sandstone & NPI

Grace by My Big Toe Designs-cream belfast & DMC

The Harvesters by Little House Needleworks-28 ct coffee dyed & DMC + Crescent Colours


In looking back at my list of things I wanted to stitch in 2006, I see that I finished 7-not as good as I would want. LOL But better than I've done in years past. Also 3 from that list are still in progress. I don't know if I'll make a list for 2007. Too many to narrow down. BTW, I've made an effort to make up for the more disciplined among us who are challenging themselves to finish X number of things before purchasing any stash, by adding lots of charts, linen & threads to my stash. :))
I did some finishing work today and sewed my finger. Yes, the needle went THROUGH my finger. **OUCH** I remember watching a lady who was babysitting me when I was little do that very thing, so I think I've always kind of been extra consious of that possibility. At the time, I was using the zipper foot to attach some trim and didn't have the side of the regular foot to stop that 'guiding' finger. It was weird because it didn't bleed for about 4 minutes. Anyway, I hope I never ever ever EVER do that again!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Hello! I'm happy to see you return to blogging. I took a bit of a hiatus myself at the end of 2006. Sorry to hear about your finger - ouchie! That must smart a bunch.

I have Deborah's Deftly Wrought in my WIP pile too, I'm determined to finish it this year. Love your other projects, too!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Glad you are blogging again! Loved all the pictures :-).

5:12 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yea Tobie, so glad to see you back! Thanks for the photos, you are coming along splendidly with all your projects.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all of you finishes in 2006. I hope your finger isn't too painful.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Great progress pics!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Hey Tobie, I've been wondering about you - was going to send you an email. Glad to see this post; you have been a busy stitcher for sure! Hope the finger is okay!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Great to see you back ... I think we all don't feel in the mood to blog sometimes, so you're not alone :) Lovely to see all your WIP's :D

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee, Tobie is back!!

Love all of your projects and I'm so sorry to hear about your finger! I will be checking my pillows for blood on them, lol! Just kidding dear!
Keep on blogging, yours is one of the best :)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love your work, your patterns are lovely, right up my alley! Where do you get some of them??? I really like that Quaker Garden one from your earlier post, is that pattern still in circulation?

5:04 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Oh Tobie that sounds painful. I hope it wasn't your stitching hand. So glad you are back to blogging. I love the Pear Tree start and the border on the Grace one is beautiful. These are some I hadn't seen. Take care and Happy Stitching (on the fabric only please), CJ

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Welcome back to your blog -- I loved seeing all your pictures! You have been busy : )

Ouch -- sorry about your finger. Yikes!

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back blogging Tobie! All your WIPs and finishes here look lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures when you get chance to take some :)

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home