Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Punchneedle


I've taken the plunge into punchneedle. I love it. I started this little piece last night, and finished it up this afternoon. This is called 'Sunflower House' and is by Jeremiah Junction. Here's a link to see what theirs looks like-I changed some colors, eliminated the dots in the background and the checkered bottom border. It is punched on khaki weaver's cloth with DMC. This is actually my second punchneedle project, my first was a heart pattern that was included with the punchneedles. I forgot to take a picture of it, and it's upstairs, so will share a picture of that one later on. If you've thought about learning this technique, I encourage you to GO FOR IT! It's not difficult at all, plus it's fast and fun. I basically just followed the instructions that were included with the punchneedles and took off punching. I've now also watched Charlotte Dudney's punchneedle DVD, which is really helpful as well.
I'm still plugging away on BBD 'Quaker Garden' that was started last month. It's just slow going for me. I know I've had some finishes lately, but I'm tired and can't remember a one of them. Also this evening, I started 'Be Kind & True' by Blackbird Designs. It's stitched with one strand of WDW on 35 ct. linen and just a nice sampler to work on. I was surprised by how much progress was made already.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Your punchneedle is really pretty! They are doing some great patterns in punchneedle nowadays!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Your punchneedle project looks so good!! I really need to try that.

9:41 AM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

I love your punchneedle piece. I am a fan of PN too. It is so fast and fun. I really like the changes you made to the piece. Those blue dots were just distracting. Awesome finish! Ann.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the colors.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Looks wonderful! Congrats on your finish:)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Very pretty! I love the look of punchneedle. I have a set of needles but haven't tried it yet. It sure looks fun and everyone says it is so fast and easy.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Aww, that's adorable Tobie! I love the changes you made, yours is better than the original!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

I've always wanted to try punchneedle - you did a great job on your piece! Someday, I'll give it a try.

Did you see the new Blackbird Loose Feathers design?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Very, very pretty! That's one needlecraft I haven't tried yet. The designs I've seen for it are so pretty, I might not be able to hold out much longer...

7:52 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I am just really getting into cross stitching and I love your work. Your punchneedle work is wonderful as well. I hope you do not mind but I added your link to my new stitching blog.

Cindy

10:43 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yea Tobie! I didn't even know Jeremiah Junction was now doing punchneedle. I love your changes!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home