Thursday, September 15, 2005

Recent Stitching





Gosh, I can't believe it's been so long since I updated my blog! The 'Thankful' piece is now finished into a candle wrapper, the ribbon I found matches the thread exactly and the fabric on the back is a lovely moda marble in the same color that I happened to have in the stash! Next is a snowman from Heart In Hand's 'Winter Fobs' leaflet. I actually bought this tiny piece of raw belfast from the remnant basket at my LNS (28 cents), and the gals there were making fun of me, as they couldn't imagine what I could do with such a small piece of linen. HA! Perfect for this snowman! ;-) And next is 'Bloom' by Birds of a Feather, stitched on 32 count linen I dyed myself by spraying Rit dye in 'tan' on it (before stitching). Just finished today (happy dance!!) is 'November's Offering' by Blackbird Designs. The chart for this sampler is from their book 'A Fine Collection'. The model was stitched on R&R dark chino, but I stitched it on 28 ct. raw linen instead, because I didn't want to wait to order it before stitching. Besides, I have soooo much linen in the stash, it makes sense to substitute with things on hand more often....even though I do love those yummy hand dyed linens! I did use the threads called for and love the colors. I hope the pics are better than my last batch, it's sometimes difficult for me to get the right kind of light so the colors look right with my camera.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow! You have been busy! Right now, I have all I can do just to keep up with my blog reading. Seriously though - it's been a busy week, hopefully I can get some stitching in this weekend.

While all of your designs are nicely done, I think that "bloom" is my favorite. Way to go!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Tobie your finishes are simply amazing! Your needle must be smoking. I love the way you finished the candle wrap. The snowman is SO cute. I can't decide which of the Blackbird projects I like best. I love the whimsy and colors in Bloom but the November piece is perfect for fall.

I can relate to your frustration with taking pictures and getting the colors to look right. If I take the pictures inside they are always too dark and if I take them outside they end up washed out. I can't win!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home