Monday, November 28, 2005

A couple of happy dances


Well, one of my fall stitched pieces was finished before Thanksgiving. This is 'I am So Thankful' by Trail Creek Farm. I made a little pillow out of 2 leftover quilt squares (from a quilt that I made in 2001) and then I mounted the cross stitch piece to the pillow with the little buttons. The quilt was made from a pattern called 'Tattered Pioneer' and I used Moda fabrics from their line called 'Pheasant Run'. It remains one of my most favorite lines of fabrics and I wish it was still being made! Gorgeous yummy stuff! Maybe I'll remember to take a picture of the quilt to share soon.

This is 'Apple Sampler' by Birds of a Feather, stitched with Silk n Colors. (finished 11-23) Thanks Barb for the fabric, it was the perfect color and size for this sampler!!

And this is 'Stella Jones' by Examplar Dames. (finished 11-28)


We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving holiday here. My husband made a wonderful turkey dinner, while I helped with the desserts and stuffing. After turkey, we all settled in for a 'Lord of the Rings' marathon, and I put in a lot of stitching hours. :-) That is why I have 2 happy dances so close together!
The plan, until I am sidetracked again, is to stitch some more on my 'Withering Tulips' by Barrick Samplers, at least put in a few hours before starting something new. We'll see if I stick to the plan, as there are several things kitted up and ready to go here. They are calling my name LOUDLY.
I've changed the name of my blog. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the first name 'Threads', but was just shooting for something that covers both the sewing and stitching fronts. After a lot of mulling around of 'what to name my blog', I've decided to call my blog 'Gingham Stitcher'.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Well, I love your Trail Creek Farm finish - your fabric choices complement the stitching beautifully! Keep up the good work on your other pieces - they look great!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Lovely finishes! The BoF is too darn cool.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

I love your autumn finishing - the pillow looks stunning with those fabrics! Your other happy dances are lovely too - that's my favourite way to stitch ... sat watching (or should I say listening) to DVD's :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Hi Tobie, love how you made the little Trail Creek Farm pillow from leftoever quilt squares. You're so creative! Congrats on all the recent finishes.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home