Saturday, October 29, 2005

Weekend Retreat




Above are pictures of what I made for Deborah for her birthday. I was happy with the way they turned out. Sometimes I envision things in my head and then when I endeavor to make them, it doesn't turn out so well. The ME pincushion with beads turned out better than what I envisioned and I hope she likes it. I want one for me now! LOL The other little pillow is from Trail Creek Farm. My pictures don't have the greatest lighting, so it's prettier in person, IMO.

Well, all of my guys loaded up in the car yesterday and headed off to Colorado for the weekend. It's a retreat for me, and I'm going to stitch, stitch, stitch!! After my cuppa java and a trip to the LNS, that is!!
I think what I will be stitching on is Apple Sampler by Birds of a Feather. I've converted all but one color to silk n colors. Or, I might also work on Withering Tulips by Barrick Samplers. Or Stella Jones. As you can see, I have a little trouble making up my mind. Apple Sampler and Withering Tulips are already in progress, and Stella is kitted and ready.
I should also do some finishing-but I'll only do that if I feel like it. I don't get a retreat weekend very often!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Your weekend retreat sounds like fun Tobie! Your finishes for Deborah are beautiful. I have the TCF design stitched, just need to sew it to the pillow. Story of my life. ;o) The ME inspired pillow is awesome! Love the beads at the corners and the way you used the pillow fabric. Nicely done! I'm sure Deborah will love both of them. You mentioned a Silk n Colors conversion for the BOAF Apple Sampler. Would you mind sharing? I have the chart and I *love* Silk n Colors. I would really appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow, I envy you - a whole weekend to yourself!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Hi Tobie, finally getting around to catching up on your blog and see your posted your finishes for my b-day! I think I'll swipe the photos for my album if you don't mind! I love both pieces and have the TCF on my doorknob and the Mary E piece in a basket with some smalls. Thank you so much again!!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Scaner said...

Thanks for thiss blog post

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home