Thursday, September 29, 2005

Daisy Lane in progress



It's kind of springy, but I love it and couldn't wait any longer to stitch it! I chose a 32 ct. fabric in my stash that I think is summer khaki or clay, and the roof kind of blends in, but I'm going ahead with it-I still like it. I finished another zipper project bag too that is my favorite so far. It has a 16" zipper so it can hold a big project.
Does anybody else have a DOG who loves string?? My dog has somewhat of an obsession with string and likes to eat it. He's pretty smart, but I can't figure that one out. I thought cats were the string lovers! Last night, I had just separated 2 plies of thread to begin stitching with, and Beacon grabbed it. It was coated in his slobber before I could take it away, so it went in the trash. He is always eye-balling my DMC threads and once ate 3 entire skeins of it- they were wrapped on the floss cards and he just swallowed the string, not the card. Weird dog, huh? Yes, I called the vet and they said to take him in if he began vomitting. He was o.k.
It finally has cooled off a bit here, a cold front moved in yesterday afternoon and the temp dropped below 90 degrees! And after the sun went down, it felt downright chilly outside! Wahoo!!
Here's another link to view some Bareroots patterns. The pictures on her patterns can't do justice to just how cute the projects are in person!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rowyn said...

You have some beautiful finished pieces. Look forward to seeing Daisy Lane completed, the colours so far are gorgeous!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I agree with Karen, the roof color looks good to me. I like the paisley fabric you have with it. Very cute! Enough with the Bareroots links!! LOL You're trying to make me spend more money, I can tell! ;o)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home