Monday, November 21, 2005

A finish and some WIPS


The vintage autumn field cashel that I ordered for 'Coffee Menu' by Little House Needleworks arrived in my mailbox the other day. This was my first time ordering from Silkweaver fabrics and I was very pleased with service and turn around. This fabric is very nice!



Thank you Cathy for reminding me about this cute Lizzie Kate pattern, 'Autumn ABC's', that I have had forever! I stitched mine on 32 ct. lambswool. It was fun, and I'm thinking about trying my hand at a flat fold finishing for this. I have 2 fall themed pieces stitched that I would like to finish before Thanksgiving. After that, I will have zero interest in anything 'fall' related, as it will officially be Christmas season!
Thanks for the comments about the ort bags. Bine, I'm not sure what the technical definition of 'ort' is, but to me it's those little snips of thread left from each length of thread used for stitching. Usually they end up stuck to your shirt, pants, couch, etc. :)
Karen, the little bags stay open by themselves, because there is a layer of interfacing in between the outer and lining fabrics. I think it's about a medium weight. Feel free to email if you'd like more details and measurements, etc. Nope, not selling them!
This past Saturday was stitch-in at my local shop. I took my 'Apple Sampler' with me, and also something new to start. It's 'Summer Jubilee' by Blackbird Designs and is from a JCS issue (Aug. 2003). So far, it is looking very pretty, and I plan to have it framed just like the picture in the magazine. It is stitched on 18th century Blackbird by R&R, which is very nice and soooo much easier to stitch on than a true black. The stitch-in was fun, but I didn't get the huge amount of stitching done that I planned. LOL I always think I can accomplish more than what actually gets done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Hi Tobie. Beautiful fabric choice for the LHN design. Nice finish on Lizzie Kate too - it's fun to do something that's quick and easy once in awhile. I'm anxious to see your flat fold finish - I tried this once and wasn't happy with my results - perhaps I can pick up some tips and finishing tricks from you!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love the fabric for Coffee Menu, it is perfect! Congrats on your LK finish. I'm eager to see your flat fold. I haven't tried one of those yet.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home