Monday, May 15, 2006

Hello

It's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I posted anything to my blog! It's been pretty busy for me since my last post, with multiple projects in the works, as well as my son being in the hospital. He had his hip surgery last month, and while hospitalized, docs found that his shunt was malfunctioning, so he got a 'two for one'-2 surgeries, one admission. After a week in the hospital, we came home and had a birthday for brother, and then Easter. I've been busy making flip flops as a fund raiser for lab rescue in the meantime. I make them, and other volunteers have taken them to work and sold them, and taken tons of orders for more. That has kept me busy not only making them, but shopping for supplies. Sometimes it takes driving to several different stores to find the right color and size of flippers. Just when I think I've caught up, I get an order for 10 or 20 more, and requests for another basket full. I'm working on an order right now for 20 pair, and 'as many mediums as I can make'. All righty. My son is now back in the hospital, since last tuesday. Another shunt malfunction. I'm home for a shower and break from the hospital right now. I wish I had more time to just be at home, but as DH is relieving me, I have to hurry back so he can put in some hours at work and be here for the other children after school.
I've been working on a La D Da sampler at the hospital. How people cope at the hospital w/o something like stitching to work on, I will never know.
Hopefully I'll be back home very soon with some stitching pics. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Oh Tobie - sending prayers your way. Hope things improve for your son.

I chuckled a little at the flip flop story! My daughter has a closet full! :)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Toby that your son will be fine soon. And I have to agree, stitching keeps my sanity in situations like hospitals etc. as well. Can't wait to see a pic of the flip flops, they sound adorable.
Annemiek

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home