Monday, May 29, 2006

Some recent stitching



During my stay at the hospital with my son, I completed 2 cross stitch pieces. Above is a sampler designed by La D Da from the Oct. 2003 issue of Just Cross Stitch and is called 'School Days'. I just loved this and really enjoyed stitching it. I started it in the ER 5-9 and completed it one week later. Since taking the picture, I also added a heart and my son's initials as a sort of record of where we were when it was stitched. I didn't know when I started that the title 'School Days' even applies to my life right now, while I am learning a lot. This experience with my son has been hard on me, but good in many ways. I'm not sure there has been another time in life that I've cried so much. Stitching is truly therapeutic.
I was pleased to also actually stitch one of the bazillion magazine charts that I 'wanna stitch' . :)



Also completed @ the hospital is this cute little santa by Heart in Hand-Wee Santa 2005. He is stitched on dirty linen with GAST and WDW. I need to find the little tin heart charm to hang on the end of his staff.
Currently, I am stitching 'Home Sweet Home' by Sunflower Samplings. It took me a week to get back in the groove of things and find my passion for stitching again, and now I am pleased to be back to stitching and planning future projects. I even kitted up 'Love the Truth' the other night, and I really hope to start that one soon. I would like to finish my current WIP first. :)
We're building a new fence this weekend. Right now my guys are at the home improvement store, so it'll be back to work soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Glad you have found some time to stitch - I think it is therapeutic. I hope your son is doing much better!

Was surprised to see the La D Da piece - I have a freebie called Little Red School House that is a portion of that chart (the schoolhouse, flag, fence, one eagle and a star). Never realized is was part of a larger chart!

Hope you enjoyed the weekend!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Tobie,
Love your recent finish! I saved that chart from the magazine and threw the rest of it in the trash. So pretty!
I know what you mean about stitching being therapeutic, I did a lot of it when my DH was hospitalized. Hope your son is feeling better. You all have been through so much.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Congrats on your great finishes!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

What a charming La-d-da sampler! Nice to hear you have some time to stitch. Hope your son is doing well; I agree with you, stitching is very therapeutic.

Building a fence! What a job.

Enjoy your week-end

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home