Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Home Sweet Home and Winter Snapperland

















First up is my 'Happy Hearts' WIP, that has been a WIP for more than 4 years now. I had worked on it for a week or so back in April, before other things were calling my name louder and it was put aside yet again. Andrea finished hers recently, and has inspired me to pull it out, if nothing else to sit out on top of the sewing machine so I have to look at it every time I am upstairs. Doesn't she have some GREAT finishes lately?
And so I have finished a couple of things in the past week, first my 'Home Sweet Home' sampler by Sunflower Samplings is stitched on 28 ct. ???? (creme brulee I think) and next is my Bent Creek 'Winter Snapperland'. I was going gung ho on that one back in January, just waiting for the next installments to come out, with full intentions of having this stitched during the winter. Oh well, it's been in an almost complete state for quite a while now because it took me a couple months to track down a skein of GAST 'apple cider'. It is stitched on 32 ct. opalescent raw belfast.
My current WIP is a friendship sampler for an exchange. I will spend another day or 2 on that to finish this week's assignment (it's a SAL) and then decide what I start next. It'll be a tough decision because I have some great things kitted up.
Did you see all of the great freebies up at Hoffmans? There are some really cute designs, so check them out. For anybody who has printed off any, did you print the Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks charts and not have the graph lines show up? My grid lines (every 10 stitches) and the symbols are fine, but the graph lines are invisible.

The new Village of Hawk Run Hollow is wonderful beyond words. I am so kitting it up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Your Happy Hearts WIP looks lovely and I love the finishes - especially the Snapperville one. Congratulations!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

You are just too sweet. I love your finishes! Need to get busy on my Winter Snapperland. You are still my inspirtation for that, I even got the same fabric as you!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

I so love seeing your progress - we have such similar tastes. I'm adding that BOAF chart to my wish list!

Your finishes are fabulous - congratulations.

I think I may have to purchase the Village too!

Take care dear friend...

5:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Your updates are always so inspiring - we have very familiar tastes. I think I may have to add that BOAF chart to my wish list. I love it!

Congrats on your finishes!

Take care dear friend!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love your finishes and WIP! I recently added several Sunflower Samplings designs to my stash. Very cute.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

I hope your son is recuperating well, Tobie - sorry to hear you've been going through the wars for a while now ... I'm behind in blog reading for my favourites, so I'm trying hard this week to cath up :) Just wanted to say your latest finishes are awesome - your santa is gorgeous, as is your home sweet home and Winter Snapperland :) And your house exchange from Nancy is lovely - gorgeous finishing :) Look forward to seeing what wonderful project you come up with next {{hugs}}

7:10 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Your counted thread work is wonderful. Used to be my absolute first love and then I started quilting. Sigh! LOL I'll be back to visit again.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home