Friday, June 30, 2006

Summer Stitchin'


Above is a freebie from Glory Bee called 'Summertime'. It is stitched with Crescent Colours on 28 ct. raw linen. I finished into a little pillow/sign with Mary Engelbreit bee fabric on back and a black ric rac hanger-I love ric rac!

And here we have 2 Lizzie Kate designs. On the left is 'Long May She Wave', a pocketbook kit that comes with the wonderful Picture This Plus 'Relic' linen and embellishment. This is my very first flat fold-type finish, with a fabric covered easel on back. I liked how it turned out and how easy & quick it was. I consider myself 'bow impaired' so the bow could be better, but hey, it works for me. And the project on the right is a new LK freebie that I stitched on 25 ct. mushroom lugana and finished into a little pillow.
And lastly, here is another freebie (I usually do not ever stitch freebies, so this is weird) from Little House Needleworks called 'Summer House', stitched on raw belfast with Crescent Colours. Since the House is stitched in the color 'Old Blue Jeans', I thought it was appropriate to incoporate some denim in this project-well, actually I just love denim and am always looking for ways to use it LOL. The pillow back is a red corduroy that matches the red in the design.
I am almost always a sucker for any Americana themed cross stitch chart. I have another one in the works right now while I'm on the red, white and blue kick. I'm pretty happy to have some things finished for display BEFORE the holiday has come and gone this year.


Create & Decorate Again
Back on April 6th, I posted about a great magazine that I had just found and thought was fabulous- Create & Decorate. I just picked up the latest issue yesterday and was not disappointed at all. So far, my favorite project is a cherry apron, not that I'm into cooking or anything. It has cherries and ric-rac and is oh so cute. The cherries are iron-ons, but I'm thinking you could easily applique or stitch some cherries too! Anyway, this magazine is really fun to thumb through and is jam packed with projects.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

You have some beautiful finishes there, Tobie :) I have a snowman ready to make into a flat-fold - glad to hear it's not too difficult to do. I love your pillow Summer House - I'm going to have that finishing technique, looks great :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love your patriotic finishes, especially LHN summer house pillow.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your finishes Tobie, the LHN pillow is really cute. I know I have those make it yourself buttons somewhere and need to undig them. Those pillows are a great way to finish projects.

Annemiek

2:22 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

My, you have been busy! Good for you - your finishes are fabulous!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just done it too ! Your finishing is very cute !

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home