Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Praise Sampler



I finished this sampler Sunday evening, it's 'The Praise Sampler', designed by Plum Street Samplers. It's stitched on 32 ct. vintage autumn field linen with NPI and Belle Soie silks. I started it before this new set of Belle Soie colors came out, so only could easily convert 4 of the colors. The red is Belle Soie 'Rose of Sharon', but if I had waited, LOL I think the new 'Cranberry' color would have been a bit better......but I love how it turned out anyway! If you haven't tried the Crescent Colours Belle Soie silks, you need to! :) They really are nice to work with, and remind me a lot of the Silk n Colors and Gloriana silks. I'm looking forward to incorporating them into more designs, plus I read on Little House Needleworks website that she will be coming out with a sampler stitched with them. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

It looks gorgeous !!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well this is just simply stunning Tobie :) Great job!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

It's beautiful Tobie!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

It came out so cute! Thanks for the recommendation on the silks, I will have to try some.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobie, that looks great!! I think the Rose of Sharon was a perfect choice. Great job!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your finish, it is gorgeous.

Joanne

7:22 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Tobie! I've missed your posts. How are you?

Your finish from Plum Street Samplers looks great! Looking forward to seeing more stitching updates from you soon!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors. Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Tobie!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

A beautiful finish! Congrats!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

It's so pretty! I have this design in my stash, I need to get it out. Love the color choices too.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home