Monday, June 25, 2007

Thanks!

Thank you Nicole, Cindy, Michelle, Lesley, & TeeJay for your comments about scroll frames vs. Q-snaps!! You've helped me out a bunch, and Nicole your tip about the Michael's coupon reminded me that every other week on Hobby Lobby's website, you can print off 40% coupons. So, I used a 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby to purchase an 8"x12" (I think) scroll frame. I've yet to open the package and try it out, but I think I know what project I will put on it first. Carriage House Samplings 'Gingham Dog and Calico Cat' has been calling to me loudly, and since I have the 40 ct. pearled barley + NPIs called for already, I think I will have to start soon. :) For some reason, I thought maybe the tension was tighter with scroll frames than q-snaps. I don't always need things as tight as a drum anyway, so that's o.k. with me. In fact, a lot of times when I'm working with one strand of floss, I stitch in-hand. What I think I will really like about the scroll frame is that I can roll up excess fabric that's outside the working area, and there also won't be those clamp marks that the q-snap leaves on the linen.
It's taken me longer to get back here to post on the blog than I aniticipated because I kept my friend's 2 girls and their little puppy all last week while she was out of town. WHEW, what a busy and noisy week! I miss them, but I'm also glad to get back to a quieter routine. :)
Thanks again for your comments, I am glad to have some more stitching blogs to add to my bookmarks too! Hopefully this summer I can get back to reading them more regularly as well as posting here. I have a lot of finishes that I still need to take pictures of! Happy stitching!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like my tension really tight, and I try to get it that way on the scroll. There are a couple different kinds of scrolls(the kind that you can sew your fabric onto, velcro, or slide the fabric into the split scroll) but I always use clear packing tape for all of my scrolls instead because that is what works best for me. As far as the area outside the work area; I always use the size frame that i can fit the entire piece of fabric w/out folding it at all.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Glad you'll be able to try your hand at the scroll frame. Can't wait to see your CHS piece!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home