Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More finishes


Wahoooo!! I finally finished 'Happy Hearts' by Birds of a Feather, stitched on 36 ct. meadowlark linen with weeks dye works. This took me just a little over 5 years to complete. I finally finished it this last spring, taking advantage of soccer practice to put in lots of that solid stitching along the bottom.


Here's 'Coffee House' by Little House Needleworks. I had this chart in an old issue of Just Cross Stitch, but I know this one can be bought individually now too. I loved the colors on this one, so rich!



Here is a Scarecrow designed by 4 My Boys, from the chart titled 'If I Only Had a Brain'. Those exact words are charted under the scarecrow on the chart, but I left them off. It's stitched with WDW, Crescent Colours, & DMC on 18 count natural light linen.

I know my pictures are not the greatest, and they sure do seem to make the linen look way more wrinkled than they do in real life!

In the stitching basket this weekend is my Blackbird Designs 'Live Each Season' and a Lizzie Kate ornament . Fingers crossed for a finish! Oh wait, it isn't the weekend yet! It's just the start of fall break for the school kids, so it feels like the weekend!
I am off to have a cuppa snickerdoodle (I love that name!) coffee now. Happy Stitching~

19 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Everything is just beautiful! I love that BOAF! I need to get mine framed :)
The colors on Coffee House are perfect, so rich and well, coffee colored, lol!
Good work!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

I love your finishes !!!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Everything is gorgeous! I especially love the BOAF piece, one of my favorite designers. It's such a shame they are no long designing.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your BOAF "Happy Hearts" looks great. That's one that calls out to me, and seeing yours makes me want to stitch it all the more. Good fabric choice!! I loved stitching BD "Live Each Season." Hope you enjoy it, too!!

7:36 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, what wonderful finishes!!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love your Happy Hearts piece! Your finishes are beautiful!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Happy Hearts, I am stitching it too! Love all of your finishing!!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful finishes!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Wow Tobie, so many fantastic finishes! I love the BOAF project, and the pretty pink E&E&F design is awesome! I would have never known you took a little creative license. :o)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on everything, Tobie! I love seeing your finishes--love your taste in projects.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Awesome finishes!! LHN & 4myboys look great : ) Have fun with your BB design & ornament.

Congrats on finishing the stitching for Happy Hearts. That seems to be the next BOAF on my list. Do you have any hints for me? It looks fantastic : )

12:02 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

The Happy Hearts finish is wonderful. Congrats I so miss seeing your things in person. Hope the classes are going well.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Hi Tobie! So glad to see that you are posting again.

Wow - you have been stitching a lot. Congrats on everything. Happy Hearts is really fabulous!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

LOVE the finishes Tobie! They look wonderful! Snickerdoodle coffee? Hmmm...sound interesting!

Happy Fall!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Wow--what beautiful finished projects!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Beertje Zonn said...

Everything is beautiful!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands

3:27 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

WOW you have been busy, they all look fabulous

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you the very best for the rest of the festive season. Hope 2008 is a wonderful year for you, filled with peace, love and happiness, and everything that your heart desires :D

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Happy Hearts' is wonderful. Congratulations for this great work.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home