Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Ah, it's so good to be home! My son had back surgery during the first week of March and due to some complications from that surgery, he has spent the past 1.5 months in the hospital. It's wonderful to be able to live at my house again! My days are pretty busy caring for my son, who now has respiratory issues we've never had to deal with before, but THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME. I'm tearing up thinking about how grateful I am to be home again. We had a scare last night with my son's O2 saturation dropping too low, and the thought of having to go back to the hospital just about made me ill. DH talked to the pediatric pulmonologist on call and he got us through the ordeal. THANK GOD! I hope to stay away from that place for a very, very long time now. Being able to be home means that Dear Son is doing well. It's been pretty rough to see him suffer so much lately.

I do have several finishes to take pictures of (I did a lot of stitching in the ICU!), but since it's late and I'm too tired to round them all up, I'm just going to add a picture of an ornament I made last Christmas that I'm pretty sure I didn't show on the blog before.

10 Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

How nice to be home! I hope recovery will be speedy!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my Tobie, I'm thinking only good thoughts for your son and yourself. I hope all continues in the upward way for a long, long time :)
Love the ornament!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Sorry to hear about your son... that all sounds very scary. I'm sure it does feel wonderful for you to be home again.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I hope that your son is now on his way to full recovery. So glad that you are back home.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear your DS is doing better and you are all back home again. i will pray for his continued speedy recovery from his surgury!
take care!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Tobie, I'm so sorry to hear about your son...I can't imagine the stress of everything. So happy you're all home now, I'll be praying for y'all.
Your finish are great!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Hope all goes well for your sons recovery.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Hey Tobie -- was so glad to see a post from you, but very sorry to hear that your son was hospitalized again. I hope you are able to keep him at home now and that he will experience a speedy recovery. Hugs -

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tobie, thanks for leaving me a comment on my new blog :)

I hope your son's recovery goes smoothly and quickly. Take care!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Tobie,

Sorry to hear what a hard time your son has had. Glad to hear you are home. Beautiful ornament.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home