Friday, October 10, 2008

Been Busy


Here's something I just finished a couple evenings ago. It's from a Cross Country Stitching magazine (Jeremiah Junction). I changed the colors to suit me,omitted the border, and switched out some Lizzie Kate letters stitched over-one for back stitched 'Give Thanks'. I think it turned out pretty cute and want to make a flat fold type of finish with it. BTW, the words are from Lizzie Kate's 'Fall Crazy'.



"Joy" by Hands to Work
I was able to purchase the newest JCS ornament issue the day it arrived at the LNS as I happened to be there that same day. This was one of my favorites from the issue and I started it right away. Instead of stitching it on 40 count linen, I chose 28 count lambswool linen and will finish it as some type of pillow. I think. I also switched to cotton overdyes, as the dye lots of the called for Belle Soie that I had...uh....didn't look anything like the picture in the magazine! Let's see, I used Gentle Art 'pomegranate' and Crescent Colours 'Eve's Leaves', 'Ye Olde Gold', 'Deep Fennel' and Carrie's Creations 'Cajun Cofee' (borders).

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger temari by the sea said...

lovely projects! The tree looks great, the changes work superbly!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Tobie! lovely finishes-loving your changes in both!

4:02 PM  
Blogger staci said...

Adorable finishes, I love them both :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've not seen JOY stitched yet in blogland...and it looks great!
I love the give thanks tree...how sweet!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home