Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recent Finishes


'Home of a Needleworker Too' by Little House Needleworks-stitched with Crescent Colours on 28 count lambswool linen. I changed the green, but can't remember the name....maybe Spinach? Oh, I also changed the blue as I didn't care for the dirty looking blue color for my house, so changed to GAST 'dungarees'. Check dye lots if interested in doing the same thing-some dye lots of 'dungarees' have plenty of the dirty blue in them too.

This is 'Bunny Blossoms' by Full Circle Designs, stitched on 28 count Vintage Autumn Field linen. I used the DMC colors (model was stitched with GAST), because they were prettier and 'popped' more. The chart came with a little piece of WDW wool, which looks exactly like some regular cream colored wool, out of which I cut the cute bunny and blanket stitched him on.


Caffe Latte by Little House Needleworks, stitched on 40 count Lakeside Vintage Examplar linen with Belle Soie silks.

And hot off the ironing board!!!! is 'Where My Heart Blooms' by Blackbird Designs, stitched on 30 count R&R Korty's Special Blend with WDW and Crescent Colours. I changed WDW 'olive' to CC 'Joshua Tree'. And I changed the Shaker White to CC 'Khaki Mocha'.
I was determined to finish this sampler before starting anything new, and I'm so glad to have stuck with it. The house seemed to drag on forever...... Anyway, I have several WIPS (ufos) that I'm feeling guilty about and thinking I should give some attention to. The trouble is that I also have a lot of things I'd like to start. But I'm sure nobody else can relate to that. ;) I'll gather up all the WIPS in one place later on today for a reality check.
It's a really overcast day here today, so that's my excuse for bla pictures this time.

Well, I'm off to decide what to stitch on next.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger mercy said...

Wonderful finishes!!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Excellent job on the finishes : ) I particularly like the bunny one, tho, I tend to have bunny motifs in a lot of my stitching!

Enjoy the day

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm in love with all of those! What lovely finishes, congratulations!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, all your finishes are great!!! What inspiration!! :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW!!!! Tobie...would you mind just packaging them all up and sending them to me?! They are perfect!! BEAUTIFUL :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Simply gorgeous finishes! Congrats on them all!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Gread finishes!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Let me know what you want in exchange for the chart. I'm in no hurry...just glad to know that I can stitch it sometime! Have a great weekend!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous finishes Tobie! I love them all.

I've just started the house on WMHB and already I can tell it's going to take forever LOL ;) Thanks for checking out my new blog and leaving me a comment - it was lovely to hear from you :)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

I just ran across your blog and love your stitched pieces!! You have done a beautiful job on all of them!!

Debby :)

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobie!! I always love looking at your stitching--you choose such great projects. Beautiful job on everything! YGG!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

WOW!! You have been busy with all of those finishes, well done, they are all gorgeous.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Yuko said...

So many wondeful finished pieces here!
I love all of them, they are just beautiful!
Full Circles rabitt is adorble!
Congratulations on your finishes!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Tobie, all of your finishes are just wonderful! You have such great taste!!
Love ya :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What pretty pieces!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very VERY belated comment to your post (I'm sooo far behind with my blog reading it's not funny!) - anyway, I wanted to say how gorgeous all your finishes were, but also to thank you for including what blue floss you swapped for LHN's Home of a Needleworker Too ... I hated using Old Blue Jeans for the Sampler Lady (plenty of 'dirty' bits!), and I've been wondering what to use instead - considering I'm a "blue" girl I don't have a huge collection of blue threads and not much on display on the LNS, so that's great to see another option stitched up :D

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home